University of Surfing Activity Board
Have a few sessions under your belt and ready to take that next step? Skip the beach and head straight for the water with one of our top instructors. Master riding the line with perfect timing and you’ll be stoked!
Over 10 years of teaching surf and fun…
Check out more videos of the fun and memories made while learning to surf. Surfing is a sport to last a lifetime. You are never too old or too young to learn to surf. Surfing can be as radical or laid back as you want it to be.
Don’t like groups or just really want to maximize your time in the water? Book a private surf lesson with us and get the best instructors all to yourself. This is a great way to reach the next level fast.
Give the gift of creating a memory and they won’t be able to thank you enough. Gift certificates are available for any lesson and make an awesome birthday, anniversary, or anytime gift.
Since 2004, the University of Surfing has been teaching students proper surf etiquette and the skills needed to surf a lifetime in this awesome sport.
Since 2004, the University of Surfing has dedicated itself to offering and documenting the best surfing experience possible. The University of Surfing is Professional, Local, Friendly and All Inclusive. We offer year round surf lessons for the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley. University of Surfing is located 15 minutes south of San Francisco at the gorgeous and tame south Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica. All group lessons are scheduled around the proper tide (low and incoming) to ensure safe learning conditions for our students. Instructors are CPR and First Aid certified. Surf etiquette and ocean safety are very important to us; while the ocean can be calming and peaceful, its force and your fellow surfers must be respected. Let our enthusiastic instructors take you out for a lesson and you’ll be stoked to come back again.
All lessons include at minimum:
- Ocean and board safety for yourself as well as those around you in the water. Basic surf-etiquette is also taught. This is very important and useful information for those wishing to continue surfing and is taught in more detail during 2nd stage lessons.
- Surfboard is always included for group and private lessons. If you desire to use your own board, please contact us asap after booking your lesson so we can discuss.
- Full, high-density wetsuit, booties, and rashguard if needed.
- In water surf basics. I.E. paddling out, duck-diving, wave reading, riding the lines, and more. All awesome stuff to learn about the sport.
- Land instructed pop-ups and core balance instruction. This portion of the lesson lasts no longer than 10-15 min. Majority of time is spent on in the water, hands-on instruction.
- Your time in water during lesson is always more then 85% of total lesson time, so be prepared to surf! You water time can be spent how you wish, we can go as far as to guide and catch you in the waves to allow you to really focus on the fun, the standing and riding, or you are always welcome to take more of the coached role and we will instruct only verbally. Its your time, we make sure you learn and learn in a way that fits each individual best.
We guarantee to teach you a few things that will make your surfing experience safe and enjoyable, starting with the basics and offering intermediate and advanced lessons to further your instruction. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Two or three Group lessons will give you the basics to surfing. After that, we suggest buying your own wetsuit and booties and renting boards for a few surf sessions before coming back for a private lesson, or even just another group for a refresher course. Our instructors will help you identify your strengths and coach your areas for improvement. Surf 101 will get you surfing in under an hour. Our goal is to get you riding waves within your first two lessons. Let us get you Surfing! Alumni Group lesson rates, per person: 2nd lesson $75, 3rd lesson and on $50 Ages 8 to 70 are welcome, we will take them younger if parents will join us. “We are here to teach you to ride waves and safely enjoy the ocean!”